Thursday, October 2, 2014

Natalie Jean Henke 06/07/2012 - 10/02/2014

Natalie went to be with God today. She went peacefully and without pain, surrounded by love in our arms. We are thankful for the past two days as we've been able to hold her close and have some last moments together with lots of hugs and kisses.  She gave us two very special days. She even had a talk with the new baby. We have a huge empty spot in our lives and in our hearts. It is made tolerable only because we know where she now is, and it is a better place than any of us can imagine. We pray that God will continue to fill us up with his grace and the memories of Natalie's love.

She now has a perfect body, and is with her Creator in heaven. No more pain, no more discomfort, no more IV's, and no more surgeries. She can drink all the water she wants, and can run and play like she was never able to do on earth.

Natalie touched everyone she came into contact with. She exemplified God's love as she was here on earth, and we know that she will be remembered by so many. It was amazing that the hospital staff who see thousands of kids a year all remember Natalie. They all seemed to have a special place in their hearts for our little girl. We thank God that He gave Natalie to us to care for. We wish we could have kept her longer, but we will always cherish the past 28 months for as long as we live. Our memories of her are happy, and they will not diminish for as long as we live.

Thank you all for your prayers, and for the prayers we know will continue. We have been blessed beyond belief by the people that God has put in our lives. We will update again with information about the service and other things that we will be putting together to remember this precious gift from God.

God promises blessings in our lifetime.  We just never know how long they will stay with us. We love you Natalie Jean.  Our joy lies in knowing that we will see you again someday soon!

 
From today

 
When she was 3 months old, cheered on dad


Beautiful smile
 
The dog really loved her, too

 
Beautiful smile again. She wore it a lot, even though her body was always hurting a little.

 
Go Vikings!!!

 
She loved her iPad

10 comments:

  1. Brad and Heidi,
    There are not enough words to express how wonderful of a little girl Natalie was. Her smile truly did light up a room!! She will always have a special place in my heart, as she has had with so many other people. Thinking of you during this difficult time..Kristie Toman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I've never met you or your beautiful little girl, I find my heart aching for you. I have a little girl Natalie's age and can't imagine the heartache of having to say goodbye so soon. It's clear she was very loved and was given a wonderful life, as short as it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Though I do not know you personally, I have been heartbroken over your story. Natalie is the most beautiful child I have ever seen. Truly an angel. Her face beams the love you poured into her every day of her life. Cling to the promise you will see her again. Love in Christ- Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brad & Heidi:
    Words cannot begin to express the sadness I am feeling for both of you as you mourn the loss of your beautiful daughter. I have been following your blog posts and know what a difficult journey this has been.. Please know that I'm sending love and prayers to you both during this very difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know you either, but as brothers and sisters in Christ, you are my family and I love you. I have and will continue to lift you up in prayer as you grieve the loss of and rejoice in the life and memories of your sweet baby girl. This morning I held my baby and I wept for yours, praying that our Sovereign God will cover you with the mercy and peace that only He can provide.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont know you personally but am good friends with Mikki and Mark and was so saddened to hear Natalie passed away. I am so very sorry for your loss and my heart just breaks for you as I had been praying daily for God to heal your precious little girl and as I cant even imagine what you are going through. I will continue to pray in the days to
    come!!
    Much Love and blessings to you Heidi and Brad,
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brad and Heidi, we are so sorry for the loss of sweet Natalie, we will continue to pray for Gods peace. Love from the Donner's

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brad and Heidi, so sorry to hear about the loss of your beautiful little spark of sunshine. Her smile re-a-firms to me that God is out there watching over us all. 23 years ago we we said good bye to our daughter Myia. I would be lying if I said the it gets easier as the time passes. Know that you are surrounded by many people that care and love you. Lean on them and let their willingness to lend a hand get you through the time that lies before you. Prayers and hugs to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet little angel. So sorry to hear

    ReplyDelete